To get the most out of your rate plan or data add-on, you can manage data usage on your BlackBerry while travelling, and avoid unexpected data charges. For general information about data management, learn how to manage your data usage and avoid additional charges.
Check Travel passes and rates
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
You can connect to an available Wi-Fi network and minimize the consumption of data included with your rate plan or data add-on while travelling outside Canada.
- Learn how to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
Turn off data services while travelling outside Canada
You can disable data services on your BlackBerry while travelling outside Canada. Turning off data services disables features such as email, Web browsing, and social networking apps such as Facebook on your BlackBerry®. You can still place and receive calls, and use text messaging services.
- From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Select Network Connections.
- Select Mobile Network.
- Set Data services while Roaming to Off or Prompt to avoid accidental data usage while travelling.
- Data services are turned off while travelling outside Canada.