You can set up your smartphone as a Wi-Fi™ source for computers and other smartphones with Wi-Fi capability.
- From the Home screen, tap the Apps icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Select More.
- Select Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Select Set up Wi-Fi hotspot.
- In the Network SSID field, type the name you would like to use to identify your Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Select the Security type from the drop down list. We recommend WPA2 PSK encryption for enhanced security.
- Type the desired Password for the Wi-Fi hotspot connection, then tap Done.
NOTE: All Wi-Fi capable devices which connect to your hotspot will require this password. Securing your network with a password is strongly recommended in order to prevent unauthorized access which may result in additional data charges.
- Tap Save.
- Check the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot check box.
- Your portable Wi-Fi hotspot is set up.