If you can’t browse the Web with your BlackBerry®, try the following.
Ensure you have a Web feature
Make sure that you have a Web feature included with your rate plan. Log in to your TELUS account to check your current rate plan and services.
Check the Web address
You may have entered an invalid Web address (URL).
- Make sure the Website address is correct.
- Try another Web address such as www.google.ca. If you can browse other Websites, your data connection is not the problem.
Check signal strength
Your present location may have weak network coverage.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength with 3G or 4G LTE in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements, subways, and tunnels.
Check coverage maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Check our coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Check data services settings
Data services may not be enabled on your BlackBerry. To check these settings, do the following.
- From the Home screen, tap the Settings icon.
- Select Network Connections.
- Select Mobile Network.
- Ensure Data Services is set to On.
NOTE: If you're travelling outside Canada, you will also have to set Data services while roaming to On or Prompt. Travel charges apply.
- Ensure LTE/HSPA+/UMTS/GSM is selected under the Network Technology drop-down menu.
- Data services are turned on.
Clear your browser’s cache
Clearing your browser’s cache frees up memory and makes browsing the Web faster.
- From the Home screen, press the Browser icon.
- Tap Menu. The Menu consists of 3 vertical dots at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy and Security.
- Tap Clear History.
- Tap Clear Cookies and Other Data.
- Close and relaunch your browser.
- Your browser’s cache is cleared.
Restart your BlackBerry
Restarting your BlackBerry causes its software to reload, which can fix some problems.
- To restart your BlackBerry:
- Remove the battery.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Your BlackBerry is restarted.