When you try to browse the Web, you may receive an error message beginning with “HTTP Error 403”. If this happens, try the following.
Ensure you have a Web feature
Make sure that you have a Web feature included with your rate plan. Log in to your TELUS account to check your current rate plan and services.
Check signal strength
Your present location may have weak network coverage.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength with 4G or LTE in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements, subways, and tunnels.
Check the Web address
You may have entered an invalid Web address (URL).
- Make sure the Web address is correct.
- Try another Web address such as www.google.ca. If you can browse other Websites, your data connection is not the problem.
Check coverage maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Check data services settings
Data services may not be enabled on your smartphone. To check these settings, do the following.
- From the Home screen, tap Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Data usage under the Connections tab.
- Select Mobile data. A green check mark appears.
- Data services are turned on.
Clear your browser's cache and cookies
Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies frees up memory and makes browsing the Web faster.
- From the Home screen, tap Internet.
- Tap Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Delete personal data.
- Tap Select All.
- Tap Done.
- Close and relaunch your browser.
- Your browser's cache and cookies are cleared.
Restart your smartphone
Restarting your smartphone causes its software to reload and renews your connection to the network, which can fix some problems:
- Remove the battery.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Turn your smartphone on.
- Your smartphone is restarted.