If your computer doesn't detect your mobile Internet key after it has been inserted into a USB port, try the following.
Check the USB ports on your computer
- Check that the USB ports on your computer work by using another USB device.
- Check that the LED lights up on your mobile Internet key when you insert it in a USB port.
- Use a different USB port.
Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly
Make sure that you have properly installed your activated TELUS SIM card in the mobile Internet key. Try the following.
CAUTION: Don’t remove the SIM card when it is in use. You may damage the card, and the data stored on the card may be corrupted.
- Remove the mobile Internet key from the USB port on your computer.
- Remove the black cover on the bottom side of the mobile Internet key .
- Inspect the metallic contacts on your SIM card for damage such as deep scratches or rust.
NOTE: If your SIM card shows signs of damage, visit a Product Care Centre. Use our Store Locator to find the closest location.
- Insert the SIM card into the card slot in the direction indicated. Make sure that the beveled edge of the card is aligned with the card slot.
- Replace the back cover and slide it into place.
- Your SIM card is inserted properly.
Manually install the Sierra Wireless AirCard Watcher software
If you inserted your new mobile Internet key into a working USB port, and the Install Wizard doesn't start automatically, follow the steps below.
- Insert your mobile Internet key into a USB port on your computer.
- Click Start, then click Computer or My Computer.
- Double-click the TRU-Install drive.
- Double-click the Win folder.
- Double-click AutoRun.exe or Run Setup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The Sierra Wireless AirCard Watcher connection manager software is installed on your computer.