NOTE: If you have a Voice and Data Flex plan, or Data Flex Add-on, data usage notifications are automatically enabled on your account and do not need to be set up.
What you need to know
You can receive up to 5 text message notifications at:
- 75% of your monthly data allotment
- 95% of your monthly data allotment
- $10* of overage/pay-per-use charge
- $50* of overage/pay-per-use charge
- $200* of overage/pay-per-use charge.
- Voice and Data Flex plans and Data Flex Add-ons do not provide data usage notifications at these thresholds.
Enable data usage notifications
To enable data usage notifications, do the following.
- Log in to your TELUS account. Register if you don't have one.
- Click the Usage tab.
- Click Data notification .
- Select ON .
- Click Update .
NOTE: Some plans are not eligible to receive TELUS Data Usage Notifications. Enabling TELUS Data Usage Notifications may not work for your plan.