Back up the BlackBerry Device by downloading Google Sync
A Google account is required in order to utilize Google Sync to transfer contacts from an older BlackBerry to a new iPhone.
Perform the following steps to back up your BlackBerry contacts to Google Sync:
- Connect your old BlackBerry device to Wi-Fi or a cellular data connection.
- On the BlackBerry web browser, go to: www.google.com/mobile/sync .
- Select Sync.
- Select Install Now.
- Click or tap Download.
- Click or tap Run.
- Enter your Gmail username and password.
- Create an account if you do not have one.
- Click or tap Configure Sync and setup preferred contact and calendar settings.
- Click or tap Menu, then Save.
- Select Yes to sync.
- On your computer, go to www.google.com/contacts and verify that the BlackBerry contacts and calendar have synced.
Transfer your contacts to your iPhone
Once all your contacts are stored in your Gmail account, they can be synchronized wirelessly to the new iPhone.
- Connect the new iPhone to a Wi-Fi or cellular network and perform the following steps:
- Tap Settings.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account.
- Select Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your full Gmail address in the email and username fields.
- Enter your Password.
- Leave the Domain field blank.
- Tap Next.
- In the Server field, type m.google.com.
- Set Sync to On under Contacts, Calendars, and tap Save.
- Your contacts and calendar entries synchronize with your iPhone.