If you've inserted your TELUS SIM card into a 4G LTE-capable smartphone, but do not see improved data transfer speeds, try the following.
Check signal strength
Your present location may have weak network coverage.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength, with 4G or LTE in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements.
Check coverage maps
Check our 4G network maps to be sure that you're in an area with 4G LTE coverage. If you're not in a 4G LTE coverage area, you will fall back to 4G HSPA+ network speeds.
- Check our coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Check your SIM card
If you're using a TELUS V2 SIM card with your 4G LTE-capable smartphone, you will not experience 4G LTE network speeds. Check that your SIM card is a TELUS V3 (4G LTE-capable) SIM card.
- Your SIM card is a TELUS 4G LTE-capable SIM card if:
- You purchased it from a TELUS store with your 4G LTE-capable smartphone.
- It is purple in color.
- The serial number, located on the back side of the SIM card, ends with V3.