QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
What are the TELUS Business Connect implementation calls? How do I schedule these calls?
TELUS provides Business Connect account Administrators up to three one-hour phone sessions to help you configure your solution to best fit your business needs. To schedule these calls when you are setting up your Voice Manager account, please follow the steps below:
- In “Setup and manage Voice Manager”, create your own Business Connect login credentials, set up personalized features such as voicemail and greetings, and begin using your Business Connect solution.
- Once you have created your own Business Connect login credentials in Voice Manager, click on the “Schedule Now” link in ‘Express Setup’
- Schedule your implementation appointment by selecting a date and time. Click “Schedule”. (Important note: All time slots displayed by the tool are in Pacific Standard Time).
- Once you have received confirmation of your appointment, you are ready for a customized session with an Implementation Specialist
I was recently notified that there were updates being made to the online login process for TELUS Business Connect. What is going on?
- We recently introduced a new and improved online login process to save you time logging into your Voice Manager account. Instead of logging into TELUS Business Connect Voice Manager using TELUS MyAccount, you can now log into TELUS Business Connect Voice Manager directly using the same credentials used for your smartphone and desktop apps – saving you time and reducing the number of passwords to remember!
- All customers who activate their accounts after January 21 will follow this new streamlined process.
- Open the email with the Subject Line “Please set up your TELUS Business Connect™ account”.
- Click on the link included in the email to set up your account.
- You will be taken to the Voice Manager set up page. Please set your password, PIN, and security questions on this page.
- Your account is now activated! Click Schedule Now in Express Setup to schedule your implementation call.
- Complete Express Setup and be sure to input the contact information for the users on your account in the locations specified. Once you have completed Express Setup, the users on your account will receive their Welcome Emails to set up their own Voice Manager accounts.
- Please bookmark the link for TELUS Business Connect Voice Manager included in your email so that you can reference this login page in the future.
- Existing customers can continue to log in to TELUS Business Connect Voice Manager using MyAccount, or, can choose to follow the more streamlined process outlined below. Note that starting January 28, a pop-up page will re-direct existing customers to log in directly to Voice Manager. Go to https://voicemanager.businessconnect.telus.com
- Enter your user name and password that you use for your desktop and mobile apps
- If you have forgotten your password, please follow the instructions on the page.
- If you have any other issues, please contact TELUS Customer Care at 1-844-626-6638.
- We will eventually migrate all customers over to the new login method. We will update you further with the final switch over date.
- Please contact Customer Care if you have any questions.
I am a customer who activated service after January 21 and I have set up a MyAccount to view my electronic bill and the link to Voice Manager doesn’t work – what can I do?
To log in to your Voice Manager account, please go to: https://voicemanager.businessconnect.telus.com
I want to view an electronic copy of my bill, how do I set this up?
If you activated your account before January 21, you can set this up in your TELUS MyAccount. If you activated your account after January 21 and wish to receive and electronic bill, please call TELUS Customer Care at 1-844-626-6638 to set up a TELUS MyAccount or show your Business Connect bill in your existing MyAccount.
How do I make changes to user names and email contact info?
Previously, you would have to call into TELUS Customer Care. You can now edit user names and emails directly in Voice Manager, saving you the time and effort of having to call in to make such changes.
How fast does my Internet need to be?
The faster your Internet, the better your experience and the more calls you can support at a given time. TELUS suggests the following profiles as the minimum for a great Business Connect experience: 25/5 (25 maximum concurrent calls) and 15/10 (50 maximum concurrent calls). While other profile may exist and be adequate for your needs, it is important to ensure an upload speed (the second of the two numbers) is greater than 5. Please speak to your sales representative about testing your Internet speed.
What if my Internet is too slow?
If your Internet does not meet our suggested profile minimums, you can contact your Internet provider to inquire about upgrading. You can also consider a mobility deployment using an 4G LTE enabled smartphone device and the Business Connect Mobile App 1. Please speak to your sales representative about your options.
1Available for iOS devices 6.0+ and Android devices 4.0+.
I have a contract with an existing provider. Should I switch?
Before switching to TELUS it’s important for you to investigate any cancellation fees associated with your existing communication solution (mobility, Internet or local access). If there is an additional cost involved to cancel your existing service, it is important to consider the missed-opportunity cost of not moving to this innovative solution, as the business benefits may quickly compensate for cancellation fees.
Do I need to purchase new hardware?
As you may already have desk phones installed in your business, there are a few things to consider when moving to Business Connect. Any SIP-enabled desk phone will work with the Business Connect solution. This could include desk phones from Cisco, Polycom, Snom, Aastra, Granstream and Yealink. If you choose to use your existing device, please be aware that not all functionality may be supported. TELUS strongly recommends that you invest in new desk phones in order to take full advantage of all available features. TELUS will only provide support for desk phones sold by TELUS. To help minimize the upfront investment, TELUS offers payment options for desk phones.
Do I need a Mobile plan from TELUS?
You can enjoy Business Connect on any existing TELUS or competitor mobile plan. All that is required is a Business Connect business number, the Business Connect mobile app, and a data connection.
Should I get rid of all my existing local lines when moving to the Business Connect solution?
It depends. Many POS, elevator communications, alarm systems and fax systems are analogue based. Unless you can move these products to a digital solution, you should consider maintaining your local lines.
How do I install Business Connect? Can I get help with setup?
Yes. Once an order has been placed a TELUS representative will contact you to arrange a series of implementation calls at a time that works best for you. This is designed to help you fully understand how to setup and use the Business Connect solution. Detailed User Guides are also available online.
Can I install this in my other locations across Canada?
Yes. Business Connect is a national product. Local numbers can be obtained for rate centres across all of Canada. You don’t even need a physical location to obtain a local number. It’s never been easier to expand your business.
How do I create a Business Connect solution estimate if I have multiple business locations?
A Solution Estimator is available online to help you estimate one time and monthly expenses for your unique solution. If you want a Business Connect estimate tailored to multiple locations, speak to a TELUS Sales Rep to assist you further. One of the great features of the Business Connect solution is that you can manage multiple locations with a single solution, separate solutions are not required.
Can I use this solution while travelling internationally?
Yes. Discuss the distinction between international calling vs. roaming with your sales representative.