1. What is TELUS Workspace?
With business clients and employees geographically dispersed, the need to increase productivity and keep projects on the go are of top priority, but your company is faced with travel restrictions and resource constraints. Meetings and team activities are more productive when everyone has access to all the materials.
Workspace does just that. It connects people, teams and information via a Web-based workspace where users can securely share access to files, work collaboratively on documents, schedule meetings, and manage projects, timelines and information.
2. I currently use email to collaborate within and outside of my organization. Why would I want to use Workspace?
Workspace eliminates the need to send large files back and forth - team members can store and access the latest version of the document files stored within a secure site over the web. It promotes teamwork through improved file sharing and collaboration allowing you to create, edit and publish directly from commonly used and familiar Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
Workspace comprehensive functionality is spread across the Portal, Collaboration, Search, Content Management and Business Process and Forms workloads. Finding and sharing documents has never been easier; Workspace allows you to store files within a centralize web based portal and provides the ability to automatically access the latest version of the document. Full document search makes it easy to quickly access information. Assigning and managing tasks across the company provide the ability to view timelines and assignments while tracking tasks that are active, completed or overdue.
3. What makes TELUS Workspace different from other services?
One flat monthly fee per site, no per-user or per-file storage limits:
- Unlimited number of users
- Unlimited number of sites
- Unlimited number of documents
- Online management tool
- English and French templates
- Service hosted in Canada
- Integrates with Email and Instant Messaging offerings
4. How can I be sure my content is secure?
Workspace is delivered via the web, there are three security considerations:
TELUS servers, the client's infrastructure, and the communication between the two.
TELUS servers are behind firewalls and are further protected by the TELUS Internet Data Centre's intrusion detection mechanisms.The security provisions on a client’s internal network are outside the scope of the standard offering, and any consultation on this matter should be addressed separately by an IT professional.
Workspace requires that some outbound ports be open. All communication between these two infrastructures is performed by encrypted and authenticated protocols (128-bit SSL for Web-related access; Encrypted HTTP traffic). Dedicated service can offer an additional direct VPN link be established between the customer's network and the service, but that is not part of the standard offering and would be quoted separately.
5. What type pf collaboration features are included with Workspace?
Workspace offers you a comprehensive set of functionality spread across the Portal, Collaboration, Search, Content Management and Business Process and Forms workloads.
Key features include:
- Shared document and meeting workspaces
- Document libraries with version control
- Seamless integration with Microsoft® Office including Outlook
- Standard templates including wikis, blogs and surveys
- Email alerts when documents or other items have been changed or added to a site
- RSS feeds for SharePoint libraries and lists
- Language support for English and French
- Use of HTTPS to help keep internet access secure
- Antivirus scanning
- Single sign-on capability with AD Sync
- 99.9% scheduled uptime with financially backed Service Level Agreements
- 24/7 phone-based service desk support
6. How much storage is available with TELUS Workspace Service plans?
Workspace plans are available with 2, 10, 25, 50 and 100GB of storage.
7. What do I have to do once I've added Workspace to my user profile?
See detailed user guide on www.telus.com/ucsupport for set-up details.
8. Can Workspace sites be available to external users?
TELUS Workspace requires a user name and password to access the site and is available to both internal and external users. Anonymous login is not allowed.
9. What operating systems and software are required for Workspace clients?
To run Workspace effectively, you need:
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or higher
- Microsoft® Office 2003 (for Microsoft SharePoint and Office integration)
- High Speed Internet Access
- A registered domain name to access the service
- Microsoft® Outlook, using TELUS Business Email, for collaborative functions integration
10. What is SSL?
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer. It is encryption technology, which is used to help keep your confidential and private data safe. SSL protects information by transforming it (encrypting it) into an unreadable format. Only those who possess a secret key can decipher (or decrypt) the message into plain text. By convention, website names that use SSL start with https instead of http. SSL security is virtually unbreakable.
11. Will TELUS support SSL encryption for my Workspace site?
For an added layer of security, you can request that SSL encryption be added to your Workspace site. SSL certificates are available for purchase through any independent authorized SSL certificate provider. Please note that additional charges apply for SSL installation by TELUS. Contact your TELUS account executive for more information.
1. How do I get to my Workspace Site?
At the time of initial setup, you can identify the "A" record /prefix for your site address (i.e. "secure" in secure.mycompany.com). If an "A" record is not provided, you will be given the following default address - http://sharepoint.companydomain.com. You will be prompted to sign on using you email address and password to access your workspace.
2. I'm worried about customer service and timely follow-up. What happens if something goes wrong?
Your organization will benefit from direct 24/7 business service support and an email system managed by trained specialists who are responsible for protecting your application and data. For technical support, call the TELUS Customer Contact Centre team directly at 1-877-846-4456.
3. Where do I go to access user guides and support documentation for my TELUS Unified Communications (UC) Services?
Support documentation is available on the TELUS UC Support Site at telus.com/ucsupport.