Setting up your toll-free number
1. What is toll-free service?
Toll-free service is a one-way incoming long distance service that allows a business to receive calls at no charge to the caller.
2. Can I choose my toll-free number?
Yes, pending the availability of the number requested.
3. Do all toll-free numbers start with 1-800?
No, a toll-free number can also start with 1-888, 1-877 and 1-866.
4. What is the service charge for setting up a toll-free number?
There is no service charge for setting up a new number.
5. Can I specify how incoming call will be routed?
Yes, you can choose how toll-free calls will be routed based on pre-specified criteria such as originating area code, time of day, busy signal or no answer.
Managing your toll-free number service:
1. Do I receive a separate bill for my toll-free service?
You can receive a separate bill for your toll-free service or you can consolidate it with your existing TELUS bill.
2. How do customers find my business toll-free number?
Your toll-free number can be listed with Canadian toll-free directory assistance at 1-800-555-1212 at no additional charge.
3. If I move locations can I take my toll-free number with me?
4. Who is able to call my toll-free number?
You can specify coverage by area code, province, Canada only, or Canada and the United States, Countries outside Canada and the United States, and Canadian 10-digit number. This flexibility helps you save money by eliminating toll-free callers that may be calling from outside your company’s service area.
5. Can I bring my toll-free number from my current service provider to TELUS?
6. What display options are available?
You have the option of viewing the call origin or the toll-free number dialed.
Terminating your toll-free number
1. Where does my toll-free number terminate?
The toll-free number can terminate to most 10-digit telephone numbers.
2. Can I have multiple toll-free numbers terminate on the same number?
3. Can I get a toll-free number to terminate on my fax line?
Yes. This is a good idea if you have customers who fax their orders to you.
4. How many calls can I receive at one time on my toll-free number?
The number of calls is limited to how many calls you can receive on the terminating number.
5. Can I have my toll-free number terminate on multiple phones?
Yes, our optional routing features give you the flexibility to route your calls to different terminating locations.
6. Can I terminate my United States toll-free number?
Yes, United States toll-free number termination is available.