If you have any messages in your old voice mailbox that you wish to keep, please read the following information on how to send digital copies of your voicemail messages to your email. If you need assistance, contact us or call *611 and we’ll email digital copies of your voicemail messages to you.
What you Need to Know:
- Messages in your old mailbox will continue to expire and be deleted as usual. To avoid losing an important message please export your messages at any time before the date your voicemail service is updated
- Ensure that you are authorized to receive these messages
- Please have your mobile device with you to receive your authorization code via SMS
- Click here to access the voicemail export page in order to send digital copies of your voicemail messages to your email. On this page, first enter your cellular number.
- You’ll receive an authorization code SMS from TELUS. Enter this code into the voicemail export page
- Within 24 hours, you’ll receive an e-mail from telus.com with a zip file of all digital copies of your voicemail messages. To avoid errors, we strongly recommend that you access the voicemail zip file on a laptop or PC
- If you do not receive any e-mails from telus.com, check your spam folder or email storage capacity
- Messages remaining in your old mailbox as of the date of your update, will be available for export for 30 days after that date. After 30 days, all messages in your old mailbox will be permanently deleted