Connect to a Wi-Fi network
To set up Wi-Fi™ on your BlackBerry® and connect to a wireless network:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Select Maximize Panel.
- Select the All tab.
- Click Setup.
- Click Wi-Fi.
- Select Turn On Wi-Fi.
- The phone scans for available wireless networks and displays their names and security settings (Open or Secured with either WEP or WPA).
NOTE: If your network isn’t showing, make sure that the checkbox next to Show Open networks only is clear.
- Select a network, then:
- If the network is open, you are automatically connected to the network.
- If the network is password protected; type the network password, then click Connect.
- The desired network name now appears as Connected on your BlackBerry.
- Your BlackBerry is connected to Wi-Fi.