User Roles give Admins the ability to control what users can do within the system, without giving full admin access. A Role is a collection of Permissions which could be based on a job function. Permissions are assigned to Roles and Roles are assigned to Users.
Predefined User Roles and Permissions feature is available to all TELUS Business Connect customers. Custom Roles and Permissions feature is available to Premium and Premium Plus ONLY up to two (2) or more Users.
NOTE: Standard (International) is assigned to new users by default.
Predefined Roles are built-in roles with a set of permissions. These roles may not be modified or deleted. Custom roles can be created or modified by an Admin. To create a Custom role, click on the New Role button.
Key Features and Benefits
- Enforce company security policy with flexible role-based access control
- Empower an admin to assign roles to users and grant permissions based on the positions in the companies
- Out of box solution for fast onboarding. Easily grant the access privilege to selected users with 7 pre-defined roles
- Ability to create custom roles that meet business needs (for Premium and Premium Plus customers only)
- Templates and bulk upload options to efficiently apply roles among users across an organization
Standard Roles and Permissions
There are seven (7) predefined roles and permissions that are readily available to all TELUS Business Connect customers:
|Super Admin||Complete system administrator level access|
|Phone System Admin||Phone System settings access plus full access to user level settings|
|Billing Admin||Full access to billing functions, user level settings, international dialing, plus analytics features|
|User Admin||Full access to user administration (self and others), international dialing, system features/apps|
|Manager||Provide users with all capabilities of Standard (International) along with access to key functions such as Reports and Company Call Log|
|Standard (International)||Full access to user level settings, access to features plus international dialing|
|Standard||Full access to user level settings, access to features; no international dialing|
A telemarketing company wants to limit the phone configuration access only to the IT Department, and allow the rest of the employees to have general access to their own phones. The Super Admin can assign the predefined Phone System Admin role to all IT Staff. He can then assign the Standard (International) or Standard roles to the rest of the employees.
How It Works
Users List Interface
- Top Navigation with search capability, Add User, and Download User List
- Roles assigned per User
- Seven (7) Predefined Roles available for faster onboarding
- Add New Custom Role button (for Premium and Premium Plus customers only)
- Sample Custom role
Modify a Users' Role from Role Level
Select a Role from the list.
Click Assigned Users > Assign User.
Select a User from the list. Click Assign.
The User will appear in the Assigned Users list.
Modify a Users' Role from User Level
Click Users list, then select User.
In User Details, click Edit under Roles.
Select a Role, then click Save at the bottom.