What you need to know
- Whether you use a feature phone, smartphone, or a mobile Internet key, TELUS will notify you when you're close to using all of the data included in your monthly rate plan or Data Add-on. See below for additional details.
- Data notifications help track your use so you can adjust your data package or usage if necessary.
- If you have a data package, we'll let you know when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your package.
- Data package notifications are enabled by default unless you have a Cost Assure, Flex Data, Data Pooling or Data Sharing plan.
- If you're using pay-per-use data, we'll notify you once you've used $10, $50 and $200.
- If you’re using a feature phone or smartphone, you’ll receive free TELUS text messages to notify you about your data usage.
- If you’re using a mobile Internet key, you receive data notifications in your connection manager.
- The amount of data sent or received by a device is measured in kilobytes (KB) and is presented on your monthly invoice in megabytes (MB). 1024 KB = 1 MB. 1024 MB = 1 gigabyte (GB).
Stop data notifications
Data notifications are free and you will receive them automatically. If you don't want to be notified about your data usage, you can opt out of receiving data notifications.
2. In the data usage section, remove the service:
- In the Plans & Services section, select View Your Data Usage.
- Under Data usage notifications, select No.
- Click Submit.
You can use the same procedure and select Yes to start the service again.