To get the most out of your rate plan or data add-on, you can manage data usage on your smartphone while travelling, and avoid unexpected data charges. For general information about data management, learn how to manage your data usage and avoid additional charges.
Check Travel rates and passes
Connect to a Wi-Fi network
You can connect to an available Wi-Fi network and minimize the consumption of data included with your rate plan or data add-on while travelling outside Canada.
- Learn how to connect to a Wi-Fi network
Turn off data services while travelling outside Canada
You can disable data services on your smartphone while travelling outside Canada. Turning off data services disables features such as email, Web browsing, and social networking apps such as Facebook on your smartphone. You can still place and receive calls, and use text messaging services.
- From the Home screen, swipe down from the top edge of the screen.
- Tap Settings at the top right corner.
- Select Mobile data.
- Clear the Data roaming check box.
- Data services are turned off while travelling outside Canada