Locking your smartphone screen prevents accidental or unauthorized use. While it is locked, you can still call 911.
To set up a security password or PIN for the first time
For enhanced security, you can set up your smartphone to require a password or PIN each time you want to use it. To set up your smartphone for password or PIN protection, do the following.
- From the Home screen, swipe the screen to the left.
- Select Settings.
- Select lock screen.
- Set Password to On.
- Type the desired Password in each password field.
- Tap done.
Your smartphone is secured with a password.
To lock your smartphone screen
Press the Power button, located on the right edge of your smartphone.
Your smartphone screen is locked.
To unlock your smartphone screen
- Press the Power button, located on the right edge of your smartphone.
- Swipe up on the lock screen.
- Type the screen lock Password.
Your smartphone screen is unlocked.