You may want to reset your smartphone to the original factory settings if you are trying to resolve issues with your smartphone (for example, a frozen screen) or if you are giving the smartphone to someone else.
CAUTION: This should only be done as a last resort. Resetting your smartphone deletes your ringtones, contacts, pictures, messages, and other downloaded content.
- From the Home screen, tap Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Back up and reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Check the Format USB storage check box.
- Tap Reset device.
- Tap Erase everything.
- The smartphone is reset to the original factory settings.