You can set up your smartphone as a Wi-Fi™ source for computers and other smartphones with Wi-Fi capability.
- From the Home screen, tap Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More settings.
- Select Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap Configure.
- Type the name you would like to use to identify your Wi-Fi hotspot in the Network SSID field.
- Select the Security type from the drop down list. We recommend WPA2 PSK encryption for enhanced security.
- Type the desired Password for the Wi-Fi hotspot connection.
NOTE: All Wi-Fi capable devices which connect to your hotspot will require this password. It is recommended to use a password for security purposes in order to prevent unauthorized access which may result in additional data charges.
- Tap Save.
- Turn on Portable Wi-Fi hotspot at the top of the screen.
- Your portable Wi-Fi hotspot is set up.