Follow the instructions below to reserve a Static IP address and register your modem or Internet gateway device with TELUS Business.Step 1: Verify if a Static IP is included in your TELUS Office Internet plan
Before you can obtain a Static IP, verify the feature is part of your TELUS Office Internet plan. For verification purposes, the feature appears on:
- Your TELUS Business service contract, or
- Your most recent TELUS Business Internet bill under ‘plan details’
If a Static IP is not included, follow this link for ways to add a Public Static IP address to your TELUS Office Internet plan.
Step 2: Generating a Static IP and registering your modem or gateway
After receiving the order confirmation, follow the instructions below to assign a Static IP and register your modem or Internet gatewayFor ADSL Internet connections
ADSL Internet connections will need to register their computer or device in order to access the Internet.
From your computer,
- Visit https://registerdevice.telus.com
Verify the modem is set to automatically obtain an IP address, also known as "DHCP". TELUS leaves this setting ON by default.
- If this option has been turned OFF, please reset it by turning it back ON to automatically retrieve an IP address. Otherwise the modem may not be able to obtain the Static IP reserved for it.
Enter your username and password, which were initially provided when you signed up for your TELUS Internet service.
- If you don’t know your username, please contact TELUS Business support at 1-800-361-3311.
- Click on “Obtain Static”
Reboot your modem or Internet gateway device
- Or, you can release and renew the IP address in order for it to obtain the newly registered Static IP Address without performing a reboot. Please consult your modem’s user guide for instructions.
Note: Static IP addresses are assigned by TELUS; you cannot hard code the information in the TCP/IP settings. Static IP addresses are location-dependent and are subject to change in the event of a move or a TELUS Network Upgrade.
For TELUS PureFIbre™ Internet connections
Self-serve Static IP assignment and modem registration are not yet available for TELUS PureFIbre™ Internet connections.
Contact our 24/7 technical support at 1-800-361-3311 to register your modem’s MAC address, obtain a static IP, or to configure your modem for use.