Keep your device running efficiently by using the latest available software.
Before you update your mobile phone, you need to know your current software version.
- From the Home screen, select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Firmware Details.
- If your firmware version is R 11.2.5-33.6-2-11.070-4201-14.0, you don't need an upgrade.
- If you need to upgrade your firmware, follow the instructions below.
Manually installing the update
The software update is a built-in Java application, which helps to upgrade the phone to the latest version. NOTE: A micro SD Card must be installed prior to performing the software update.
- Backup all the user data such as downloads, pictures, music, video’s, calendar and contacts present in the phone.
- Select phone Main menu > Select Applications > Java > Software Update
- Select Software Update options > Launch, to launch the software update application
- Select OK
- Select Update to download the firmware.
- Once the tool is downloaded successfully, select Exit to close and exit the application.
- Select Continue in the Firmware Update screen, to view the firmware update instructions
- Select Exit to close the application.
- Power off the device.
- Long press Down navigation key (down direction key) and END key (Power ON/OFF key) simultaneously till the updates starts to install.
- After successful Firmware upgrade completion, the phone displays "Update done! Press ‘Power ON/OFF’ key to power ON"
- Press END (Power ON/OFF) key and Power ON the phone.
- Restore the factory settings (mandatory).
Your rugged phone is updated.