Family/Extension Mailbox Set-up
Create your extension(s):
- Set up your main mailbox as instructed in “First time voicemail setup”.
- Then, create the extension(s) you require. This must be done via the Web.
a. Go to https://voicemail.telus.com
b. Login using your main mailbox passcode.
c. Go to Profile, Voicemail, Family Mailbox
d. Select Add to create 1, 2 or 3 extension mailboxes
e. Enter a unique temporary Web and Voicemail passcodes for each extension and provide the passcodes to each extension user.
Set-up each extension:
Now each extension user must access their voicemail from the phone to set it up. To access an extension mailbox, either:
- Dial *98
- Enter the temporary password (provided by the Main mailbox user. If no passcode was entered by Main mailbox user, then default is your 10 digit mailbox number+ the extension number
- Dial the toll free number 310-9899
- Enter the 10 digit phone number+ extension number
- Enter the extension password
- Follow the steps in “First time voicemail setup” above to create your permanent password, record your name and personal greeting for each extension.
Two phone numbers using the same mailbox
- For initial mailbox set-up, follow the steps in “First time voicemail setup”.
- All settings such as greetings, recorded name, schedules and notifications will apply to both the Primary and Secondary numbers automatically
- You can choose to record a single unique greeting for your second number
- If you choose this option, then all other greetings options and settings would no longer apply to the second number.