If your BlackBerry® loses network connectivity and displays "SOS" in the network indicator, try the following.
Reset the network connection
Your BlackBerry may have a poor connection to the network. Resetting the network connection can help resolve this problem.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Select Maximize Panel.
- Select the All tab.
- Click Manage Connections.
- Select Networks and Connections.
- Select Mobile Network.
- From the Network Mode menu, select 3G/H+ & 2G.
- From the Network Selection Mode menu, select Manual. Your BlackBerry scans for available networks.
- Select TELUS.
- Click OK.
- Your network connection is reset.
Check your SIM card
Your TELUS SIM card may not be inserted properly.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove your SIM card.
- Inspect the contacts of your SIM card for signs of damage such as rust or deep scratches.
NOTE: If your SIM card shows signs of damage, visit a Product Care Centre. Use our Store Locator to find the closest location.
- Reinsert your SIM card, taking care to insert it properly.
- Reinsert the battery.