There could be a number of reasons why you can’t send text messages. To resolve the issue, try the following.
Check the phone number
Your message may have an incorrect phone number or address. Make sure the phone number or messaging address is correct.
Enter the phone number or address of the recipient using one of the following methods:
- North American destination: Type the 10-digit phone number.
- International destination: Check the list of eligible countries worldwide then type 011, followed by the country code and the mobile phone number.
- Email destination: Type the e-mail address. The message is delivered as Multi Media Message (MMS) and extra charges may apply (check your rate plan).
Check signal strength
The signal strength may be low.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength with 3G or 4G LTE in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements, subways, and tunnels.
Check coverage maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Check our coverage maps
Check your account
You may not be able to send or receive text messages because it's a blocked feature on your account. Try the following.
- Log in to your TELUS account. Register if you don't have one.
- Click the Applications tab.
- Click Manage Text Messages.
- Click Preferences.
- Place a check mark next to the following:
- Send Mobile Originated Messages
- Receive Messages
- Receive Web & Mail Messages
- Click Apply.
- Text messaging services are unblocked on your account.
Restart your BlackBerry
Restarting your BlackBerry causes its software to reload and renews your connection to the network, which can fix some problems:
- Turn Off your BlackBerry.
- Remove the battery.
- Wait ten seconds.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Turn your phone on.
- Your BlackBerry is restarted.