I have no dial tone
There could be a number of reasons why you don't have dial tone. To resolve the issue, try the following.
- Ensure your phone cable is plugged into the gray jack on the back of your Smart Hub.
- Try another phone and another cable.
Check your SIM card
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Remove your SIM card
- Inspect the contacts of your SIM card for signs of damage such as rust or deep scratches. NOTE: If your SIM card shows signs of damage, visit a Product Care Centre.
- Reinsert your SIM card, taking care to insert it properly
- Reconnect the power cable.
Check coverage maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Check our coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Check signal strength
- Launch your Internet browser on your computer.
- Type http://huawei.smarthub in the address bar.
- Log in using the Admin account. Typically, the password is admin unless you have changed it.
- Click Settings in the top menu.
- Select System in the left column.
- Select Diagnosis.
- The line RSSI/RSRP is the signal strength measured in decibel.
Ex: -50 is a very good signal and -110 is a weak signal.