If your computer doesn't detect your mobile Internet key after it has been inserted into a USB port, try the following.
Check the USB ports on your computer
- Check that the USB ports on your computer work by using another USB device.
- Check that the LED lights up on your mobile Internet key when you insert it in a USB port.
- Use a different USB port.
Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly
Make sure that you have properly installed your activated TELUS SIM card in the mobile Internet key. Try the following.
CAUTION: Don’t remove the SIM card when it is in use. You may damage the card, and the data stored on the card may be corrupted.
- Remove the mobile Internet key from the USB port on your computer.
- From the top side of your mobile Internet key, remove the black SIM card cover.
- Remove the SIM card.
- Insert the SIM card into the slot leading with the straight edge, and the metallic contacts facing down.
- Install the SIM card cover.
- Insert your mobile Internet key into a working USB port on your computer.
- Your SIM card is inserted properly.
Manually install Connection Manager software
If you inserted your new mobile Internet key into a working USB port, and the Install Wizard doesn't start automatically, you'll need to manually install the Connection Manager software required to use your mobile Internet key.