If you have inserted a SIM card into your device and it doesn’t work, try the following.
Check SIM card
- Check that your SIM card is a TELUS brand V3 (4G LTE-capable) SIM card.
- Your SIM card is a TELUS 4G LTE-capable SIM card if:
- It is purple in color.
- The serial number on the back of the card ends with V3.
Make sure your SIM card is inserted properly
Make sure that you have properly installed your activated TELUS SIM card in the mobile Internet key. Try the following.
CAUTION: Don’t remove the SIM card when it is in use. You may damage the card, and the data stored on the card may be corrupted.
- Remove the mobile Internet key from the USB port on your computer.
- From the top side of your mobile Internet key, remove the black SIM card cover.
- Remove the SIM card.
- Insert the SIM card into the slot leading with the straight edge, and the metallic contacts facing down.
- Install the SIM card cover.
- Insert your mobile Internet key into a working USB port on your computer.
- Your SIM card is inserted properly.
Check for damage
Check that your SIM card is not damaged or rusted.
Check that your SIM card has been activated
To check whether your SIM card has been activated by TELUS visit a Product Care Centre