Check signal strength
Your present location may have weak network coverage.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength with 3G in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements, subways, and tunnels.
Check coverage maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Check our coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Reset the network connection
Resetting your network connection may resolve call issues.
- From the Home screen, click Menu.
- Click Settings.
- Select Connectivity.
- Select Network Selection.
- Click Manual. The phone searches for networks.
- Select TELUS.
- Click OK.
- Your network connection is reset.
Check your SIM card
Your TELUS SIM card may not be inserted properly.
- Remove the battery.
- Remove your SIM card.
- Inspect the contacts of your SIM card for signs of damage such as rust or deep scratches.
NOTE: If your SIM card shows signs of damage, visit a Product Care Centre.
- Reinsert your SIM card, taking care to insert it properly.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Your phone is restarted.