Your roaming may have taken you to a location where your mobile Internet key can't connect to the internet. To resolve the issue, try the following.
Check signal strength
Your present location may have weak network coverage.
- Make sure you have at least two bars of signal strength with 3G in the network indicator.
- If you have low signal strength, move to a location with better coverage. Concrete and steel buildings may be hindering reception, especially in elevators and underground locations like basements, subways, and tunnels.
Check Coverage Maps
Check our network maps to be sure that you’re in an area with coverage.
- Check our coverage maps at Coverage & travelling.
Check SIM card
Check that your SIM card is a TELUS brand SIM card.
- Your SIM card is a TELUS brand SIM card if:
- You purchased it from a TELUS store.
- It says TELUS on the back of the card.
To check whether your SIM card has been activated by TELUS visit a Product Care Centre.